Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Freshy, Lucky, and a New Doo

Our landlords always had two dogs, and now they have three. One of their dogs, Lucky, went missing about a month ago. They told us they missed him so much. It was great at protecting their car if they had to park it outside their gate, and warning them of snakes in their courtyard. When they got two puppies they decided to name one after Lucky, and the other one Freshy. I do not know why they named the one Freshy. Here is a picture of Gideon and I holding Freshy and Lucky. They are so cute.


I also had my first experience last weekend of getting my hair done in a Cambodian Salon. They washed my hair, took me back to the sink and rinsed it, and then two girls started blowing drying it at the same time without combing it first. The owner of the salon does all of the dying and cutting and then she has her employees, younger girls, who do all the blowdrying, washing, and styling. I think in all I had about 5 people working on my hair through out the hour and a half a was there. The owner lady is named Helen. She was very friendly and spoke English very well. I was a little surprised that they started blowdrying my hair when it was so tangly, but they worked all the tangles out. After my hair was cut and dyed they asked if I wanted it straightened. I think it took them 30 minutes with two girls working to straighten it. The whole time I was watching the steam come from my head and thinking this can not be good for my hair. I will probably not do that again, because it took forever and I was getting really hot sitting in the chair for that long with two straightening irons working so close to my head. But they did get my hair really straight. Here is a picture of my hair after my appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment