Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wrapping Up the End of the Year!


There is under one week left of school this year. I think we are having mixed emotions about it. Gideon and I are both excited to be back to Colorado and Kansas to see family and friends. Also we are excited to get to feel a little normal and be around sights, sounds, and food that are more familiar. Gideon keeps mentioning how he does not want his students to go on to 6th grade. He wishes he could move up with them. He really has enjoyed the group of kids he has had this year! I on the other hand am ready to be done with my kids, at least a couple of them. I think I will be regretting that statement when it comes to the beginning of next year when I have to start all over again with students that can not understand a single word I am saying. I do not even remember what that was like right now. I will soon be reminded. I do love my kids, but a couple of them have taught me about patience more than I ever wanted to know. Here are some pictures of our precious students we had this year! We will miss them in our classes next year.

Pre-K3 doing what they do best! Art Time!


Gideon's class is getting ready to listen to each others presentation's on the Middle Ages in Europe! It's all about castles, knights, Joan of Arc, and the Crusades!

One highlight we had from this last week was our Scottish friend Michaela's 30th birthday party. It was a ceilidh. It is a traditional Scottish dance party. A lot of Logos staff and students showed up to learn the dances and dance the evening away. It was full of laughs, dancing, desserts, power outages, live musical performances, and a lot of bumping and running into each other on the dance floor. The high school students enjoyed it so much they are trying to get Miss Dimeck to do another one before the end of the school year. Please enjoy some pictures from the event.

Traditional Scottish dances are a lot like square dancing.

I am dancing with Ly our IT/Library Guy, and our apartment mate Sara!
Gideon did dance with me. We just did not get any pictures of that. He also helped run the sound system.


Life with an apartment mate is going good. She is probably ready for us to leave so she can have the whole apartment to herself. She asked us the other night when we got back from school if we wanted to go for an evening walk. She wanted to go for a walk along the dirt paths around our house. For a couple of reasons I just had to decline. 1. I was really tired from my school day. 2. It has been raining every evening and the dirt paths are now mud pits. 3. I don't want to meet the creatures that live along those dirt paths like poisonous snakes. Then she called me unadventurous. That hurt a little bit. :) All I have to say is she was not adventurous enough to make that trek all by herself. Who is the unadventurous one now. Living with someone you don't know is always a little awkward at first. By the time we get to know each other a little bit we will be getting on a plane and leaving, but the experience has been overall pleasant so far.

Please pray for safe travels back home! We leave June 4th and will be arriving into Grand Junction on June 5th. You can also be praying for our last full day of school. Gideon's 5th graders are leading chapel, and my students will be singing some songs during the program. My prayer is that I'm not the only one singing when we are upfront. I hope at least my one singer in the class will be brave enough to sing along with me in front of the other elementary students.

Thank you all for your prayers, support, encouragement, and love. Can't wait to see some of you soon!

Kristy and Gideon






No comments:

Post a Comment