Wednesday, April 20, 2011

26th Birthday Celebrations

Today is my birthday! I feel so blessed to have the people I have around me today that made me feel so loved. My birthday celebrations started out an evening early. Gideon took me out for a nice dinner last night. We ended up having to bring home left overs because we are no longer used to those portions anymore. I ordered a GIANT sandwich.


Today my lovely teaching assistant, Sorphorn, surprised me. She bought me breakfast, noddles and fried veggies, very Khmer style. She also bought me these flip-flops that I've wanted ever since she came to school wearing them. I actually went to the market to buy them, but I didn't because they wouldn't give them to me for the same price they gave her. So she went and bought them for me and surprised me today with them. Really I was so humbled by her gifts.

Gideon also had an ice cream cake delivered to Logos today so I could celebrate with my students. Gideon came in singing Happy Birthday and they all just stared at him. I hadn't told them it was my birthday. After eating the cake Odom, the one sitting next to me in the following picture says, " How many are you?" I respond, " I'm 26 today." He continues, " Oh.... You are long." "No I'm Old."


The kids loved the ice cream, but in Pre-K3 there are always consequences to giving the students ice cream. We just played the rest of the morning, and I won't go into the details of the other consequence that happened after nap-time.

It just seemed like the celebrations went on all day. Our landlords remembered my birthday and gave me a beautiful hand-made purse. Today Logos Lightening elementary soccer team had a game and it was our first non-loss of the year ( We Tied) !!! Yay Team!!! What an exciting day. During our stretches my team broke out into Happy Birthday. They did this all on their own with out the prompt of Mr. Walker. Also Gideon's 5th grade girls made me a huge happy birthday poster, and each signed it with a thoughtful note!

Thank You God for family,friends and students that made my day special!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy you long woman you!:) I love it!
    I wish I was 26 years long:) Love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete