Since the start of December we have done something "Christmasy" each weekend. We went to a craft fair put on by NGO's helping women and children in Cambodia. We made Christmas cookies, helped decorate a friends fake tree, made two pecan pies, and ate a delicious potluck christmas dinner with our staff. Not to mention all of our decorations in our school classrooms. It is so fun being able to really celebrate the real reason for this season with our classes. In pre-k3 I get to tell the Christmas story every day in the month of December. Last week I had two students come up to me and say, " Mrs. Walker, I love Jesus" It was so heart warming to hear them say that. I responded, " He loves you too." Later on in the week one of the students told me, " I love Mary." It made me a little sad knowing that his statement of his love for Jesus was nothing more than letting me know he can remember then names of characters in a story we are learning about. I know it is a seed planted in their hearts. As they grow and learn more English they will continue to learn about who God and Jesus are!
For the last 12 days of school before Christmas Gideon's 5th graders are doing an Advent Challenge. Each day they have to do something that is encouraging or helpful to others. For example on the first day they had to give 12 people a high five. On the second day they had to open a door for 11 people and so on and so on. He is so creative.
Please enjoy the pictures of our Christmas celebrations! Leave us a comment and let us know how you have been celebrating Christmas!


We celebrate with you guys! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christams! Love all the pictures. Enjoy hearing about the students and their hearts:). You will have to make us a pecan pie when you are here! love and blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad
Miss you guys! We've been enjoying our first married Christmas. We put up our fake tree (sad, huh?) and have been listening to LOTS of Christmas music. That's how we're celebrating!
ReplyDeleteErrol & I invited our entire neighborhood over for an open house last weekend (and to see 360 degrees of Christmas lights). Errol LOVES Christmas (I know it's because he loves Jesus, but I suspect it could be because he is the REAL Santa!!). It was very cool getting to spend time with the people we've lived in the same neighborhood for years but have always been "too busy" to have a relationship with. Then yesterday Errol "stood in" for Santa and gave presents and encouragement to approximately 70 children. He's been doing it for 20 years. It's really magical. <3. Merry Christmas to you two. Thanks for stepping out to represent the Christ followers and Jesus-lovers of the world. May your witness be irrepressible AND irresistible. God bless you all. Michele & Errol
ReplyDelete